The lantern festival in Sakaori Tanada will be held on June 1st.
Approx. 1,000 candles are placed along the ridge between terraced rice fields. They illuminate terraced rice fields and create a dreamlike scene. Please visit Sakaori and enjoy the festival with your family and friends.
This festival is dedicated to the rice field deity to thank that rice planting is finished safely and pray a good harvest.
Before the festival, you can try the rice planing. (1,000 yen for each person)
Please contact us for the details.
– The schedule on the day is
16:30 – Opening ceremony
17:00 – Lights up for Candles
19:00 – Carrying Lanterns parade starts
21:00 – Close
Enjoy Local foods of the Eastern Gifu Region and Japanese street food.
– Direction and Public Transportation
* Address: 782-1 Nakanoho-cho, Ena 509-8231, JAPAN
TEL: 0573-23-2032 or 080-1553-0315
* Public Transportation: Get on the shuttle bus at the Ena station (#CF17) on the Chuo line. (60 min. from Nagoya station)
The shuttle bus leaves at 14:00 and 15:00 PM. (40 min. from the Ena station to the festival area.)
* By Car: 15km north along Road #68 from Ena IC of Chuo highway. For visitors, the temporary parking lot is prepared on the way from Ena IC exit to the festival area. Please take the shuttle bus from the parking lot to the festival are.
* Shuttle bus: The shuttle bus leaves every 15 minutes between festival area and the parking lot. It leaves the Ena station at 14:00 and 15:00. And it leaves the festival area at 20:15.
We appreciate it if you could donate more than 500 yen for the festival before taking the shuttle bus.